Monday, February 21, 2011

Pioneer Woman


A couple of weeks ago, I went to PW's book signing in OKC. My daughters are big fans and I bought then each her newest book to be signed. I was a little nervous to go, just because I'm not big on crowds and didn't want to spend the whole afternoon in line just for 40 seconds of time meeting PW.



She came out and spoke to the crowd (probably 500 people, mostly women) and answered some questions beginning around 12:30 p.m. After a few words and a Q & A session, it was time to wait for my group to be called ( Group 3 out of 10). PW did bring her four kids and Marlboro Man, so I decided to go check him out. ;-) He was kind of shy, and had the two little boys with him. I decided to be bold and ask if I could take his picture...





A handsome man and darling boys, you can see. I just wish that I had brought my cookbook and he could have signed, "The End" page! The two daughters were in and out of the bookstore/mall having a good time. All were very well behaved and I am impressed that she stayed until 7:15 that evening until the last book was signed.


Anyway, back to my experience... I thought that by waiting in line for a little over an hour, that I could come up with something funny or witty to say once I got my 40 seconds with PW. Oh no, not me...nervously I gave her my two books, told her they were for my daughters and told her that they were big fans, loved photography and cooking, blah, blah, blah and then stated that my youngest was a student at Texas A & M.


PW: How did your daughter end up going to school in Texas?


Me: I don't know....


Are you kidding me- that is all I could say...! I was so nervous that I couldn't even manage to say that we had just moved to Oklahoma from Texas! She must have thought that I was a complete idiot!!! I got my picture taken and said thank you... So much for something interesting or witty to say. Should I ever come in contact with George Clooney, it won't be pretty...



1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard!!

    Don't worry, she's from Oklahoma herself - she has to be used to "slower thinking" people :) J/K!

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete